Tag: 上海楼凤品茶网

Mayweather demands £500m to make stunning boxing return

first_img Mayweather hung up his gloves after his big-money cross-sports fight against UFC legend Conor McGregor in 2017. He is believed to have earned around £300m for the scrap that saw him stop McGregor in the 10th round at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The 43-year-old Michigan man often teases a return to the sport that made him a legend in training videos. But he says it would take a monumental money offer to get him lacing the gloves back up. He has previously said he would rematch McGregor and box UFC champ Khabib Nurmagomedov – but only for £464m. Speaking to FightHype.com, ‘The Money’ said: “If I see an opportunity where I can entertain and have a little fun and make six hundred million, why not? “If I am going to do something it’s got to be worth it. Promoted ContentCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?A Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsTop 10 Enemies Turned Friends In TVWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them10 Places On Our Planet Where The Most People LiveYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets Loading… Floyd Mayweather has said he would return to boxing if he is paid £500 million. But the American, who retired with a perfect 50-0 fight record, doesn’t fancy coming back to fight “any of the younger guys”. “But there’s no number that’s worth me getting back in that ring and fighting these young fighters to get any type of wear and tear on my body.” Mayweather then said that he would prefer any return to the boxing ring to be in exhibition bouts. He famously left Tenshin Nasukawa in tears in one of these after battering the Japanese kickboxer into a first-round KO back in December 2018. Mayweather added: “Am I going to fight any fighters as of right now? No. “I’m retired. I’m retired from the sport of boxing. “I’m training, having fun, and enjoying life. I don’t want for anything. I’m not retired from business. “When I beat McGregor, they said ‘That ain’t 50 fights (50-0)’. But these guys are fighting and they are making a couple of dollars, they’re crazy.” read also:Ronaldo, Mayweather own supercars but not richest collection in sport Mayweather also laughed off recent rumours that he has ran out of money, saying that he “makes seven figures every month” from “smart investments”. The boxing legend, 43, is known to own a stunning array of luxury toys having earned an eye-watering £706million in the last decade. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Read More Mayweather demands £500m to make stunning boxing return

Saints fined for Carrow Road controversy

first_img Saints were charged on Tuesday for the unsavoury scenes that followed referee Mark Clattenburg’s decision to award a penalty for a Luke Shaw foul on Grant Holt. Artur Boruc kept out Holt’s subsequent spot-kick but Saints’ players continued to protest after the 0-0 draw and were joined on the pitch by manager Mauricio Pochettino. It is believed that Southampton, while accepting the charge, highlighted to the FA that such behaviour is not a regular occurrence and that it was the first time they had faced such a charge. Saints also pointed to the circumstances surrounding what they felt was an unjust penalty award by referee Clattenburg. Speaking before the charge was accepted, manager Pochettino said: “I don’t really feel bad about it because I had full respect for the referee. I went to speak with him and perhaps I should have waited until he came to the dugout to speak to him, but I was always on speaking terms. “That is the kind of person I am – a spontaneous person. I could be at fault a little bit for actually entering the field, but I must say I was on speaking terms with the referee. He spoke back to me and there was never anything above that. Perhaps I should have waited for him to come back to the dugout but I was defending the interests of my club and he was defending his job as well.” Southampton will want to quickly move on from the incident and have the perfect opportunity to do so when Liverpool come to St Mary’s. The match will see Pochettino come up against highly-rated Philippe Coutinho, who he worked with at Espanyol last season. Saints were reportedly interested in bringing in the 20-year-old midfielder during the January transfer window, only to be beaten to the signing by Liverpool. Pochettino was coy when asked whether he had tried to lure Coutinho to the south coast, but more forthcoming when asked about the quality of the player in line to start at St Mary’s. “What has happened in the past, happened in the past,” Pochettino said. “We can’t change it or do anything about it. Actually, talking about it is not going to do anything positive either. “Philippe is a Brazilian player and, as it happens with most Brazilians, he has a special magic in his feet. Aside from the magic that he has, he also has an amazing work rate and that makes us doubt whether he fits the mould of a typical Brazilian player or a European one because his work ethic is outstanding. What is important about him is he is a good lad, a good kid – a great, humble person.” Southampton have been fined £20,000 after they admitted a charge of failing to control their players following the awarding of a penalty to Norwich during last weekend’s match at Carrow Road, the Football Association has confirmed.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More Saints fined for Carrow Road controversy