Ripley County, In. — The Indiana Department of Transportation will begin two projects in the Batesville area on Monday, July 31.Plymouth-based Michiana Contracting will install 16 new signal heads on State Road 46 at the intersections of Tekulve and State Road 129. Crews will also install a solar-powered flashing speed limit assembly on State Road 101 near the Milan High School.
Scottsdale, Az. — Governor Eric Holcomb today was elected the 2019 policy chairman of the Republican Governors Association (RGA), an organization that works to elect Republican governors across the country.“Over the past decade-plus Indiana, we’ve experienced the results of strong Republican leadership,” said Governor Eric Holcomb. “We’ve got more Hoosiers working than ever before, and that’s while we’re balancing budgets, making record infrastructure investments, helping Hoosiers build job-ready skills and attacking the drug epidemic. As policy chairman of the RGA, I’m excited to help shine the spotlight on Indiana’s results-driven approach and the proven policies that can be taken to states nationwide.”Governor Holcomb was elected policy chairman by his fellow Republican governors today while attending the RGA Annual Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona.Governor Holcomb first joined the RGA Executive Committee last year, and with his selection as policy chairman today, he will take an expanded role in the organization. As policy chairman, Governor Holcomb will be responsible for elevating the proven policies that Republican governors are bringing to Americans in states across the country — including right here in Indiana.
December 2, 2018 Police Blotter120218 Decatur County Jail Report120218 Decatur County EMS Report120218 Decatur County Fire Report120218 Decatur County Law Report120218 Batesville Police Blotter
The former Bendel Insurance defender was named in the Super Eagles 23-man squad as a back up for Taye Taiwo at the first-ever world cup on African soil. Echiejile made his world cup debut in Nigeria’s second group match against Greece after Taye Taiwo suffered an injury in the first match against Argentina. Unfortunately, he got injured in the match against the Greeks, and he was forced to play through pain against South Korea when he replaced an injured Joseph Yobo at half time. “In 2010 I was at the World Cup, and we had a Swedish coach Lars Lagerback who took over from Shuaibu Amodu, and at the end of the day we had preparatory games before the tournament,” Echiejile told the Super Eagles Media Team on Instagram Live.Advertisement Loading… “Most of the players might be tired, from one injury to another injury, but at the end of the day, we were able to have a fair tournament. It’s not easy in the World Cup to play three games, but we had a fair tournament. “For we the young players it was a good eye-opener for us to get to see the world stage of football and it was something great, this is really the big stage. “Injury didn’t allow me as a person to really enjoy the tournament, but that is football, you just have to accept it and move on which I did”. The former Monaco defender was also part of the Super Eagles squad to the 2018 FIFA world cup in Russia. Still, he was unable to make an appearance in the competition as the Super Eagles crashed out in the first round. read also:Elderson Echiejile goes spiritual craves divine favour Echiejile is currently without a club after leaving Finnish club, Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi in 2019 by mutual consent. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentThe Network’s Greatest Shows On HBOEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthThe Top 9 Oddest Underwater Discoveries No One Can ExplainWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindWhat Is A Black Hole In Simple Terms?The 18 Most Visited Cities In The World Former Super Eagles left-back, Elderson Echiejile, has revealed that he struggled with injury at the 2010 FIFA world cup in South Africa.
Mayweather hung up his gloves after his big-money cross-sports fight against UFC legend Conor McGregor in 2017. He is believed to have earned around £300m for the scrap that saw him stop McGregor in the 10th round at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The 43-year-old Michigan man often teases a return to the sport that made him a legend in training videos. But he says it would take a monumental money offer to get him lacing the gloves back up. He has previously said he would rematch McGregor and box UFC champ Khabib Nurmagomedov – but only for £464m. Speaking to FightHype.com, ‘The Money’ said: “If I see an opportunity where I can entertain and have a little fun and make six hundred million, why not? “If I am going to do something it’s got to be worth it. Promoted ContentCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?A Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsTop 10 Enemies Turned Friends In TVWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them10 Places On Our Planet Where The Most People LiveYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets Loading… Floyd Mayweather has said he would return to boxing if he is paid £500 million. But the American, who retired with a perfect 50-0 fight record, doesn’t fancy coming back to fight “any of the younger guys”. “But there’s no number that’s worth me getting back in that ring and fighting these young fighters to get any type of wear and tear on my body.” Mayweather then said that he would prefer any return to the boxing ring to be in exhibition bouts. He famously left Tenshin Nasukawa in tears in one of these after battering the Japanese kickboxer into a first-round KO back in December 2018. Mayweather added: “Am I going to fight any fighters as of right now? No. “I’m retired. I’m retired from the sport of boxing. “I’m training, having fun, and enjoying life. I don’t want for anything. I’m not retired from business. “When I beat McGregor, they said ‘That ain’t 50 fights (50-0)’. But these guys are fighting and they are making a couple of dollars, they’re crazy.” read also:Ronaldo, Mayweather own supercars but not richest collection in sport Mayweather also laughed off recent rumours that he has ran out of money, saying that he “makes seven figures every month” from “smart investments”. The boxing legend, 43, is known to own a stunning array of luxury toys having earned an eye-watering £706million in the last decade. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
New signings Willian and Gabriel Magalhaes both hit the ground running against Fulham but Mikel Arteta is still on the lookout for new signings. Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar and Brentford keeper David Raya are two of the names on their radar. Chris Wilder was hopeful of landing Balogun to help boost his attacking options but could now turn his attentions to Liverpool’s Rhian Brewster. There has been interest in Balogun from Germany and the forward could move abroad if Arsenal receive any offers that meet their demands. Arsenal chiefs would rather receive a fee for the academy star than lose him for nothing and are resigned to him leaving. Balogun was offered a new contract at the club but failed to agree terms. He feels he would be given a better chance of first-team football elsewhere given he is yet to make his senior debut while other stars from Arsenal’s academy are involved regularly in Mikel Arteta’s plans. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentTop 10 Most Iconic Characters On TVThese Hilariously Creative Shower Curtains Will Make Your Day11 Greatest Special Effects Movies Of All TimeA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?The 9 Best Robots In Movie History6 Of The Best 90s Shows That Need To Come Back ASAP7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseDisney Princesses Reimagined As “GoT” CharactersYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True Arsenal have reportedly rejected a bid worth in excess of £3million from Sheffield United for youth striker Folarin Balogun. The highly-rated 19-year-old is due to leave the club next summer after entering the final 12 months of his contract with no hint of him signing a new deal. Balogun is able to enter pre-contract negotiations with other clubs from January ahead of a proposed free transfer when his deal expires. That would leave Arsenal entitled to only a small fee by way of compensation via the Elite Player Performance Programme. Sheffield Utd looked to move ahead of other interested parties by offering £3m up front with a range of add-on incentives, but it falls well short of Arsenal’s valuation. According to The Mail , The Gunners want a deal worth a total of £15m for the US-born forward, to include an initial fee plus various bonus payments. Balogun has been attracting interest from Southampton, Brighton and AC Milan, while Arsenal turned down a £5m approach from Brentford earlier this year. He has been with Arsenal since the age of 10 and has shown prolific form in the under-18s and under-23s over the past two seasons.
The 21-year-old has been in fine form in the Ligue 1 this season, scoring a goal in Lens’ last two games which took his tally to three efforts in four Ligue 1 appearances. A few minutes later, Kakuta doubled the lead for Franck Haise’s team from the penalty spot. The 59th-minute goal made the DR Congo international the joint-top scorer for Lens with three league goals so far after four games. Lens’ hopes of bagging a clean sheet was dashed late in the stoppage-time after second-half substitute Kalu grabbed a consolation goal for 10-man Bordeaux. Promoted ContentThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo15 Celebs You Probably Didn’t Expect To Be Cheerleaders2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone Samuel Kalu’s late effort was not enough to save Bordeaux as goals from Cameroon’s Ignatius Ganago and DR Congo’s Gael Kakuta steered Lens to a 2-1 win on Saturday. Both teams struggled to break the deadlock at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis in the first 45 minutes but Ganago opened the scoring for the hosts two minutes into the second half. His compatriot Josh Maja was also an 81st-minute substitute but could not score his second goal in the French top-flight this season. The victory was Lens’ third straight victory in the Ligue 1 this term, after defeating Lorient and reigning champions PSG in their last outings. The Stade Bollaert-Delelis outfit is second in the league table, level on nine points with leaders Saint-Etienne who have a game in hand. The Super Eagles forward who has started just one game this season, was introduced for Remi Oudin in the 81st minute and he linked up with Yacine Adli to find the back of the net in the 95th minute.Advertisement Loading… Read Also: Guardiola: My commitment remains the same on Messi Bordeaux, meanwhile, are 11th in the Ligue 1 standings with five points after four matches. On September 27, Kalu and Maja will be hoping to lead the Girondins to their second Ligue 1 victory when they welcome Nice to the Stade Matmut-Atlantique. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
POCOLA, Okla. (March 20) – Jeff James couldn’t recall too many details of his one previous visit to Tri-State Speedway, as a spectator some time in the late 1990s.He’s got $2,000 to help him remember his second trip to the Pocola, Okla., speedplant.James led all 25 laps of the Sunday Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modified main event at the Cecil Harlan Memorial Kegger, building a lead of as much as a straightaway before pulling away again after a caution bunched the field back up with just two circuits to go.“It was a pretty good way to start off the season,” understated James, who’d earned the pole by winning his Saturday qualifier, “especially considering I’d never raced there before.”The win came in just his third start in a new Skyrocket. James had been 12th and then seventh in outings at Beatrice Speedway’s Spring Nationals.The new Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot qualifier took the checkers ahead of defending race winner Tate Cole, outside row one starter Richie Tosh, Drew Armstrong and teammate Todd Van Eaton, also in a new Skyrocket.Inclement weather had forced James and Van Eaton to make new travel plans after Junction Motor Speedway pulled the plug on the Mike Chapin Memorial Spring Thaw. With qualifying at Pocola postponed to Saturday, the pair hit the highway for a 400-plus mile tow late Friday night.Kyle Slader was the $800 IMCA Sunoco Stock Car winner, overcoming a spin five circuits into the 20-lapper that sent him to the back of the field for the restart.Making just his career second start in the sanctioned class, Slader rallied to beat Kris Vaughn across the stripe by less than a car length. Andrew Bohanon, Chuck Smith and Mike Wiseman rounded out the top five.After taking the initial green from inside row two, Slader got the worst of a tangle with another car and spun, resulting in the restart at the back. He went to the top of the track to work his way toward the front, getting the lead by lap 13.Slader ran in three classes over the course of the Kegger and also took home first-place money in the super stock class.“It was an awesome weekend and a pretty good payday, too,” he said.Feature ResultsModifieds – 1. Jeff James; 2. Tate Cole; 3. Richie Tosh; 4. Drew Armstrong; 5. Todd Van Eaton; 6. Brint Hartwick; 7. Johnny Bone Jr.; 8. Jimmy Dixon; 9. Chuck Bumgarner; 10. Troy Schaberg; 11. Doug Jones; 12. Eric Beshoner; 13. Mikey Bell; 14. Jake Davis; 15. Jason Payton; 16. Shannon Reheard; 17. Larry Tounzen; 18. H Palmer.Stock Cars – 1. Kyle Slader; 2. Kris Vaughn; 3. Andrew Bohanon; 4. Chuck Smith; 5. Mike Wiseman; 6. Mark Smith; 7. Keith Heaslet; 8. Kyle Woody; 9. Taylor Hubbard; 10. Tandy Sullivan; 11. Joey Dunn.
A three-time champion of the Wild West IMCA Modified Shootout, Jesse Williamson raced to his first $1,000 win of the 2017 tour at Sunset Speedway Park Wednesday night. (Photo by Melissa Coker, Melissa’s Out On A Limb Photography)By Ben DeatherageBANKS, Ore. (June 28) – A three-time champion of the Wild West IMCA Modified Shootout got his first win of the 2017 tour Wednesday at Sunset Speedway Park.Jesse Williamson caught Collen Winebarger on the 19th lap, making up distance after Winebarger had gotten into heavy lapped traffic, then led to the $1,000 checkers.Williamson, already a Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot candidate, went on to the win ahead of Winebarger, Ethan Dotson, Aaron Elwess and Bricen James.The main event went non-stop and all 20 cars that started the race were still running when the checkers flew.Winebarger had started from the pole and remained in charge up front before catching up with the back of the field. Williamson maneuvered through traffic to pressure then pass Winebarger.The victory was his career third at Banks and tour leading ninth overall. The fifth different winner in as many Shootout events this year, Winebarger was tour champion in 2012, 2013 and 2015.The Wild West Modified Shootout heads next to Willamette Speedway for three straight nights of action on June 29, June 30 and July 1. It will be the first time the tour will end with a three race finale at the same facility.Feature results – 1. Jesse Williamson; 2. Collen Winebarger; 3. Ethan Dotson; 4. Aaron Elwess; 5. Bricen James; 6. Grey Ferrando; 7. Kenny Miller; 8. Craig Cassell; 9. Jeff Lovell; 10. John Campos; 11. Jeremy Shank; 12. Brian Pearce; 13. Brad Martin; 14. Doug Lockwood; 15. Brian Thompson; 16. Mark Wauge; 17. Steve Moore; 18. Mark Reser; 19. Bubba Foster; 20. Brandon Potter.
The legislator has been barred from addressing a public rally until the hate speech probe against him is complete.Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153 Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi is free at last after the High Court ordered that he be released on Ksh500,000 cash bail.Justice Joel Ngugi overturned an earlier ruling by a magistrates court detaining him for seven more days to allow police complete investigations.While releasing the MP on Friday, Justice Joel Ngugi ruled that it was unconstitutional for a person to be held without a charge for more than 24 hours. Sudi had Thursday evening filed a judicial review application at the High Court in Nakuru seeking to overturn the decision by Chief Magistrate Josephat Kalo to detain him for seven days pending investigations into five charges that he is facing.Also Read COVID-19: Kenya records 98 new cases, 62 recoveries, 2 deathsIn the case filed through a certificate of urgency, Sudi through his legal team led by law Society of Kenya President Nelson Havi appealed to the High Court to set aside the Tuesday ruling by Chief Magistrate Josephat Kalo and order his release on bond or bail.Also Read Kalonzo applauds Senate for ending revenue stalemateThe defence argued that Sudi is a law-abiding citizen and was willing to cooperate with the authorities.The MP (centre) at the lower court.The magistrate ordered the detention of the MP for a week at the Nakuru Central Police Station on grounds that his release would disturb public peace and security.Also Read 2/3rd gender headache: Maraga calls for dissolution of ParliamentThe lawyers termed the magistrate’s claims as unconstitutional arguing that the court had already made a decision that their client is guilty of a charge that was yet to be preferred.The MPs detention was also meant to allow police to conclude investigations into alleged hate speech, offensive conduct and unlawful possession of a firearm, among others.